My Photo
Name:
Location: Ewa Beach, HI, United States

I got out of the Army in October 2007, and went back to being a Paramedic. I am now working as an RN in Case Management.

Tuesday, August 23, 2005

The Great Bullet Removal

I got to perform a little surgery the other day...I was in a terrible mood, and had taken to finding a refuge in my mind, and staying there. I don't know if it was the fact I got a chance to use some of my skills, or simply the satisfaction that I had the opportunity to take a scalpel to an authority figure...I won't dwell on the psychobabble, but nevertheless, I felt like a new man later! I decided to put a few pics of the thing up.

Some minor surgery


Suture King

Cardona is not only a good infantryman, but a wonderful scrub nurse!


Nursie Shawn

I enjoy the blood of the innocent as well as the tears of the weak!


yummy!

The finished product. (Mattress sutures are always a little ugly.)


Dude! Sweet!

2 Comments:

Blogger Michelle said...

My son is in Baghdad with the 3rd ACR out of Ft.Carson. His vehicle was hit by an IED two weeks ago and he had to have his face stitched up, probably by someone a lot like you. So thank you. From every mom.

12:06 PM  
Blogger Audrey said...

Chad~
Excellent pictures, made me miss my ambulance rotations...working EMS was where I excelled...there's no feeling like knowing you made a difference. Thanks for sharing!

1:28 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home