My Photo
Name:
Location: Ewa Beach, HI, United States

I got out of the Army in October 2007, and went back to being a Paramedic. I am now working as an RN in Case Management.

Monday, August 08, 2005

U.S.M.C.

A friend of mine once told me, "A platoon of Marine Corps Infantry are as good as a platoon of Airborne Rangers." I never did reply to him, but I was thinking either how retarded he was, or how tough Marines must be. We recently got Marine Corps attachments. They range in rank from E3 to E6 and are all Infantrymen. I haven't been impressed thus far. I smoked one so bad yesterday, I thought he was going to have a heart attack. Here I am, with a rucksack on, full combat load, and 300 rounds of ammo. All he had was a shotgun and 24 rounds for it. So we start our patrol, I get about 2 blocks down, and realize he didn't see us depart, so I run back to the trucks to get him. I grabbed him up, and we ran about 4.5 blocks to catch up to the patrol. I didn't pay any more attention to him the rest of the time, but when we got home, someone said, "hey man, your marine looked smoked." I went and checked him out, and he looked like he had been doing PT all day and was completely spent. that's when I knew, their uniforms look nice, but they must not be all that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home