My Photo
Name:
Location: Ewa Beach, HI, United States

I got out of the Army in October 2007, and went back to being a Paramedic. I am now working as an RN in Case Management.

Sunday, May 07, 2006

The Pain Cycle

Why do we torture ourselves by denying ourselves what we want most? Is it some sense of morality? Who is to say what is moral? Ok, so morals are something that dictates proper behavior which is decided upon by society-at-large. But realistically, unless you are committing genocide, why should you deny yourself the pleasures you crave? In the Army we have a maxim, "It's always easier to ask forgiveness than to ask permission." Maybe in the backwards, inefficient microcosm that is the military, they have one aspect of life figured out! I've been going through alot of uncertainty, and pain these past few months, trying to figure out just where I fit in. I came to the conclusion that it really doesn't matter where you fit. Do what comes natural, and then have regrets, or congratulate yourself on a good decision. Don't stress on a decision you haven't made yet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home