My Photo
Name:
Location: Ewa Beach, HI, United States

I got out of the Army in October 2007, and went back to being a Paramedic. I am now working as an RN in Case Management.

Monday, July 04, 2005

Romanticism and Glorification

It's easy to find yourself getting a bad attitude, and an apathetic mood here. That can be deadly, to your life, and your career. So, you have to remember the romance, and glory of what it is you do. I have always wondered why I am drawn to occupations because of what they represent, rather than their social status, or monetary profitability. I suppose that's why I've chosen jobs such as Paramedic, Green Beret, Infantry. Anyway, recently, I have been feeling really down, and a little crazy to boot. I am getting promoted in the next 3 weeks, and I will possibly be going in front of the NCO board for my E5 (Sgt) stripes in 3-4 months. So I've been studying a bit, and trying to re-memorize the infantryman's creed. I love that thing. It really reminds me why I joined this rag-tag bunch in the first place. I decided to print it here for your enjoyment.

The Infantryman's Creed
I am the Infantry.
I am my country's strength in war, her deterrent in peace.
I am the heart of the fight- wherever, whenever.
I carry America's faith and honor against her enemies.
I am the Queen of Battle.
I am what my country expects me to be-
the best trained soldier in the world.
In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous,
armed with a fierce will to win.
Never will I fail my country's trust.
Always I fight on- through the foe, to the objective, to triumph over all.
If necessary, I fight to my death.
By my steadfast courage, I have won 200 years of freedom.
I yield not-
to weakness,
to hunger,
to cowardice,
to fatigue,
to superior odds,
for I am mentally tough,
physically strong, and morally straight
.I forsake not-
my country,
my mission,
my comrades,
my sacred duty.
I am relentless.I am always there, now and forever.
I AM THE INFANTRY!
FOLLOW ME!

HAPPY 4th OF JULY!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Audrey said...

Chad~
Thank you for all you do. Americans can't possibly show the amount of gratitude we ought to.

1:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I concur. Happy 4th and thank you.

1:10 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home