My Photo
Name:
Location: Ewa Beach, HI, United States

I got out of the Army in October 2007, and went back to being a Paramedic. I am now working as an RN in Case Management.

Thursday, May 05, 2005

Maybe we can get serious now

During training today, one of our recruits took a bullet to the head. There is controversy over whether it was a sniper, or simply a falling bullet. Regardless, the round went through the kid's helmet, and grazed his head. The look on his face was priceless. I never knew one's eyes could get so wide. He wasn't badly injured, but between the 15 car bombs in the city, and the injury of one of their fellows today, I am hoping the IA gets their act together, and starts showing some military discipline. The ING were the same way until they started getting killed in action, and that was enough to make them realize exactly what kind of stakes they were playing for.
On another note, I am the US combat/training advisor to a squad leader who was in the Infantry in the previous Iraqi Republic Army. He is very squared away, and is an excellent leader. I wish we had more like him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home