My Photo
Name:
Location: Ewa Beach, HI, United States

I got out of the Army in October 2007, and went back to being a Paramedic. I am now working as an RN in Case Management.

Thursday, April 21, 2005

So I finally get the low down

I went to the Doc about 2 weeks ago and told him I was having a lot of anxiety and stress because as I was trying to evac Iraqi civilians to the US, they were dying before I could get through the politics and red tape authorizing me to actually send them to US medical treatment facilities. So, at that point he already had planned to send me to the combat stress team, he just finally made the call. I can't decide if I want to play the game, and act like I have issues, or just tell them I don't need to be there and get the hell out. I guess it depends on what kind of atmosphere it is. A friend of mine went a couple of weeks ago, and he said it was gravy, so who knows? Maybe it will be a positive experience. I just don't like the stigma of having been sent there. It makes you appear weak.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home